Saturday, November 27, 2010

Freshly baked baby food

I feel so much better giving Noah homemade baby food... I like to know exactly what he's eating and that there are no preservatives. I've found that it's super easy to do even as a full time working mama. I just make sure to do all of my baking on the weekends. I can actually bake a few vegetables and puree them and he's set for a few weeks! So far I have made:

Vegetables: sweet potatoes, butternut squash, acorn squash, carrots
Fruits: avocado, banana, apples

I thought I would mention that I started Noah off with baby rice cereal that was store bought. He was on it for a month and in that time I decided to start making my own baby food. You can make your own rice cereal for babies but I have not.

After I puree the vegetables/fruits I store them in ice cube trays in the freezer. In 24 hours I empty them into tupperware and they stay in the freezer until I feed him (just use a microwave).
 

Squash in ice cube form ready to be heated!

He definitely enjoys mama's cooking!




I get all of my information from Wholesome Baby Food.

Looking forward to getting these for Christmas! Baby Cubes

No comments:

Post a Comment